Pages

3.11.09

Walking to school

I spent my first three years of primary school in a public school in Baclayon, my father's hometown. It was an experience I thoroughly enjoyed, especially the school walks. I still cannot forget that surreal walks past the huge balite tree situated between my school and our house. That tree was said to be enchanted so it always feels a bit scary everytime we pass by it especially in the afternoons even though it is found beside the national highway. I now forgot the time of the year when this tree sheds its leaves. During this time, it was a surreal experience walking past the balite tree while yellow green leaves rained on me from above the high branches. It reminded me of those slow motion scenes in recent Chinese martial arts movies where multicoloured leaves are flying.


The above text is part of my blogpost "School walk," which first appeared in Bohol On My Mind on 12 January 2008. You can read the whole blogpost here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails